Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A Look Back at Summer Camp, by Harold&MOD - Our First Video Shoot


Harold&MOD presents: Summer Camp from Ponter Creative on Vimeo.



We can not stress enough how providential our beginnings were! We met Charity Ponter, and her hubby Chad casually at the first 2nd Ave Sidewalk Sale, and I'm pretty sure I was rude to them. I was driving an 80s Mercedes that summer day, and the AC went out. No big, I was just moving furniture and clothing racks (we were probably too ambitious for a sidewalk sale). After a day of baking in the sun I saw Charity walking up, sweet as can be, with her camera and I specifically remember saying, "Don't photograph me!"

Later, as I was scanning instagram I stumbled upon her profile and saw that her husband did film. (I'd been dreaming of a fun Summer Camp Video, but again, didn't know how it would be possible). I lurked her photos for a while, and then off to Starbucks. Low and behold, I ran into none other than Charity!

She agreed to work on the project, but it was all so last minute. . .

Locations and Models were solidified the day before the shoot, and we managed to film the whole thing in less than 4 hours in two locations over an hour a part. 













This was our first time working with the Ponter's AND many of the faces you see in the photos. This became our community.



No comments:

Post a Comment