Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Dude Perfect

WRYD dude? 
Whether you make it out to see the sunset, or you party until it rises, there are looks to suit.
Photographer: James Acomb
Model: Kin Hiawatha
Stylist: Milo Beloved
Be up for anything! Make sure your wardrobe works with your attitude. Sometimes it is nice to not have a plan. Comfort is important (obviously). Let your look make room for spontaneity. Be ready for a dance floor or a secret roof top. Who knows where the night will take you.




Mixing active wear elements--ex. the starter jacket,  sneakers, cargo joggers, ball caps, etc. can ensure that whatever the night has to offer, you'll be ready. These looks are a mix of practicality, and style. You don't have to be basic to be comfortable.

These days it doesn't seem to matter if you're fine dining or hitting up a dive bar, it's easy to dress for both. Personally, I love putting together a monochromatic look to dress up something that would otherwise look casual.
Eyewear by Iyoko Inyake, $565, at Iiis. Shirt by Faherty, $98, at Shaia's. Pants by Hawkings McGill, $49, shoes by Adidas, $85, both at Urban Outfitters.
I'm not suggesting that you have to wear gym clothes in order to have a good time. Though there was a night where I was dancing on stage with Big Freedia and realized that gym shorts might have been the way to go. The queen of bounce pulled me and a few (better prepared) dancers on stage. I made the mistake of wearing black skinny jeans with red briefs (sorry to whoever's face was in the front row!). Side note, I hate seeing full on athlesure after 5pm!

The devel's in the details! There are some things I like to have handy at all times. Sunglasses, a swim suit (just in case), a pair of sandals, and even grooming products.
Beard Oil, Great Bear Wax Co., $18, at burnbear.com. Sunglasses by Smoke and Mirror, $325, at Iiis. Belt by Orciani, $180, at Shaia's. Photo by James Acomb.
If I really don't know where the night is taking me, I sometimes like to over prepare. Maybe a back up pair of boots or a different hat just in case I want to change my vibe. I know most people don't do this, but I tend to bounce around a lot and I like to be prepared.

What's the move? Some outfits are chameleon, you just make a few changes to what you're already wearing and you are able to change your scene easily.

Hat by Jaxon, $45, at hatvillage.com. Feathers Delta Henley Shirt, $34, at urbanoutfitters.com. Jacket by Save Khakis United, $175. Cargo Pocket Jogger pant by Without Walls, $64, at Urban Outfitters.
While I tend to be the ring leader when it comes to getting the squad out, I love to leave room for spontaneity. That's what makes the best nights and weirdest next day recaps.

Photographer: James Acomb
Model: Kin Hiawatha
Stylist: Milo Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment